Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lemon Basil Pasta

Since we've been so busy around our home this week I've tried to keep things as simple in the meals department as I could. Last week I ran across a wonderful little recipe that I definitely think is a keeper. Right now I have plenty of basil and Italian parsley in the garden along with a few lemons still left from my father-in-law's Meyer Lemon tree, so I couldn't resist trying this. It turned out to be very quick and easy. My son especially loved it and my husband gave it a thumbs up ( but also added that he thinks an Italian sausage would be great on it.....of course he would say that). I found the recipe at Budget Confessions and I tweeked it just a bit and added the equivalent substitutions in dry herbs in case you want to use those instead of fresh. Serve this with garlic toast or breadsticks and a big green salad and you're set to go........ Oh and maybe an Italian sausage or two. :)







Lemon Basil Pasta
Ingredients:

16 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
(or 1 1/2 tsps. dried basil)
2 tsps. Italian parsley, finely chopped
(or 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 1/2 Tbps butter, preferably unsalted
2 1/2 Tbps extra virgin olive oil
1 tsps salt
8 oz. Angel Hair pasta
Coarse ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
Black olives for garnish
Italian parsley for garnish (optional)
To Make:
In a large bowl put basil, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Prepare angel hair pasta as on package. In the meantime melt butter and add to other ingredients in bowl. Mix well. When pasta is ready, drain in collander then add to bowl. Take tongs and repeatedly lift the pasta to coat evenly. Serve immediately adding salt and pepper to taste and topping with Parmesan cheese and black olives.




Today I'm linking with these parties so be sure to check them out :


24 comments:

From the Old InkWell said...

This looks and sounds tasty! I will have be growing basil and parsley outside when the weather gets a little warmer here and I'll be sure to try this out when I get off my diet, that is! :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I just love a recipe like this. Basil literally makes me swoon! So easy and you certainly could add in chicken, fish or like your husband says, sausage! Wonderful recipe and a great reminder that dinner needn't be fussy or complicated.
Yvonne

a quiet life said...

love this kind of food~

Shannon said...

It's literally making my mouth water just thinking about it! No kidding!

Lynn said...

I look forward to trying this, thanks!

Red Couch Recipes said...

This looks delicious! I am bookmarking it. I can't wait until it gets above freezing so I can get some basil going. Joni

The Spy Mom said...

Ok, so now I'm craving pasta and it's not even 8:30am! Looks delish!

I am a new follower from Friday Follow!

MrsJenB said...

One of my favorite ways to eat pasta - flavorful and uncomplicated! Thanks for making me craaaaave this!

Arija said...

Sounds delicious, especially with fresh ingredients and we always make our own pasta which is quicker than boiling it from a packet.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Be still my heart... This is perfect just the way it is!

Unknown said...

Wow - that sounds and looks SO good! Might be what's for dinner!! Thanks for the recipe.

Happy Friday Follow! I'm your newest following friend. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime & return the favor. It would be wonderful if you would enter my giveaway too - for a personalized ceramic bead bookmarker - ends 04/10 and there aren't many entries! Hope you're looking forward to a great weekend!

http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com

Ginny said...

Okay this looks seriously delicious. I know you put the equivalent for dry herbs, but I bet the fresh is just the best! Definitely have to try this one!

Kathleen said...

This sounds fresh and delicious! Just perfect for spring and summer!

Mimi said...

Sound perfect for spring with all the fresh basil in the garden.
Mimi

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

So fresh and yummy! Can't wait to try this recipe!

Heavenly Savings said...

MMmm! Looks yummy! I’m another new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy Friday Follow! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

Pricilla said...

This just looks so incredibly delicious and light! I think this is going to be a great recipe to have on hand this summer. Thanks!

Far Above Rubies said...

Elaine, thanks for passing by Far Above Rubies. I appreciate the follow. I love making new friends.

Looks delicious. I'm following back. xox

sweetjeanette said...

Hi Elaine!
I'm glad you stopped by my blog from Friday Follow and decided to follow! I'm following ya right back!

jeanette from www.sweetjeanette.com

Tanna said...

I'll be trying this!! =)

Debbiedoos said...

THis is an awesome recipe, in fact I have some fresh basil growing now!~ Love it. You have inspired me to make this....perhaps tomorrow....I will be back for the recipe.

Twee Poppets said...

Stopping by from Follow Me Friday at Trendy Treehouse. I'm following you now! Hope you'll have a chance to follow me, too. :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com


That looks delicious! Now I'm hungry. :P

Unknown said...

Oh my that looks and sounds divine! Stopping by from Friday Follow!

Shawn said...

Hi -I'm a new follower of you from FF.Please follow me back - thanks.
http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/
For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
Mr. Monkey